2500-FM-BWM0219 Rev. 9/2011
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
BUREAU OF WASTE MANAGEMENT
APPROVAL OF OUT OF STATE TRAVEL
ASSOCIATED WITH WORK INCLUDED UNDER
ACT 101 GRANT PROGRAMS
In association with the Department‘s grant procedures and its rules and regulations governing travel, all grantees or
applicants (as appropriate), including any and all contractors and subcontractors, must obtain
approval from the
Department for out of state travel (for which reimbursement from the Department shall be sought) under either of the
following circumstances: (1) the travel expenses exceed $300; (2) the travel exceeds 300 miles from the grantee‘s
(applicant‘s) normal place of work. These expenses may include, but are not limited to: mileage, lodging, subsistence,
The applicant shall submit a completed travel request form, supplied by the Department, for approval of out of state travel
expenses which will be claimed for reimbursement under a grant award. This completed form shall be forwarded to the
appropriate DEP Regional Office and addressed to the DEP Regional Recycling Coordinator at least four (4) weeks before
travel is to occur. All travel requests will be reviewed by the Regional Recycling Coordinator. Only those requests
exceeding $300 shall be jointly reviewed with Central Office personnel. The Department shall complete its review and
forward to the grantee (applicant), within fifteen (15) working days from receipt of each request, the approval/disapproval of
the travel expenses. This decision shall be indicated upon the travel request form which shall be returned.
When submitting for reimbursement of these expenses, the disbursement request (or grant application, as appropriate)
contain a copy of the approved travel request form along with all invoices, receipts and/or bills associated with those
Travel costs are to be in accordance with and are not to exceed maximums prescribed in Department Travel
Regulations, as set forth in Management Directive 230.10 of February 15, 2007, as revised.
1. The name of the grant applicant or grantee should be entered under "MUNICIPALITY" (even if the applicant/grantee is
an authority, COG, etc.). In the event that the applicant/grantee is a county, the "MUNICIPALITY" line should be left
2. Enter the county in which the municipality resides or the name of the county applicant/grantee.
3. If a grant has already been offered for which this travel will be included, enter the Program Number of the grant
offering (it will be an 8-digit number indicated on your grant offering letter and will begin with "901-" or "902-"). If a
grant agreement for this offering has already been executed, you do not need to enter a program number. For
reimbursement of travel under a Section 903 County Recycling Coordinator Grant, there is no program number to
4. If a grant agreement incorporating this travel has been executed, enter the Grant Contract Number (listed in your grant
agreement and on all correspondence from the Department regarding your agreement).
5. The contact person should be the official representative of the municipality or county to the Department.
6. Enter the contact person's address and telephone number.
7. Enter the date(s) of travel for which approval is being sought. Indicate the names of those traveling and their relation
to the municipality or county.
8. Enter the travel start location and ending location. Indicate the number of miles to be traveled, one way, from the
travel start and ending points.
9. Enter the method(s) of transportation to be used in the travel. Estimate the travel costs according to the categories
10. Describe the purpose of the travel, relating it to the scope of work in the application/grant agreement for which this
travel will be included (if applicable). Describe how the municipality or county will benefit from this travel. Attach any
supporting documentation (brochures, agendas, etc.) as appropriate.